If you are a manufacturer using Salesforce, the latest news headlines on Salesforce Einstein GPT look promising and we are always tempted to start exploring the product for our sales, service, and commerce teams. As the evolution of chatGPT takes mainstage, generative AI has become a buzzword in the IT industry and as an architect or IT leader, you are getting more inquiries on leveraging Salesforce GPT for your business. So the question is what are the possible use cases I can use this for and what are the boundaries I need to tread carefully unraveling the hype before it blows up?
Making account plans actionable, automated, and transparent for Sales.
One of the challenges for Manufacturers dealing with complex B2B sales is the dreaded account plans and sales visit reports created by the sales teams after customer visits. Most of these reports live in PowerPoint files or records in Salesforce waiting for action and next steps or lack of transparency on who should do what on them. With Salesforce Einstein GPT, listening to audio call transcripts of your sales team, Einstein GPT can do the following.
- Create contacts in your salesforce crm on new contacts mentioned on the calls.
- Create tasks for follow-up on the next steps for your account teams to act upon making it actionable.
- Has the ability to tag your competitive accounts and their influence on your accounts helping with decision-making on product pricing.
Caveat: These possibilities will happen if you leverage your phone solution as integration with Salesforce and expose audio transcripts to Einstein Gpt
Creating More knowledge base articles and increasing deflection with your chatbots for Service.
With Salesforce Einstein GPT embedded more on chatbots, there are more possibilities of Einstein Gptanswering questions for your customers on your shopping carts, websites, and portals. As the tool evolves and gets embedded with data from your CRM and notes made by the service teams, here are the possibilities of Salesforce Einstein GPT on your service teams.
- It can create knowledge-based articles based on frequent notes on the service calls helping to deflect cases easily.
- Given the exposure to data in the CRM and knowledge of your firms, it can start handling more frequently answered questions more interactively saving service teams to handle more complicated inquiries.
Caveat: The possibilities for automation on Salesforce Einstein GPT are possible only if the product has access to your cases, inquiries, and knowledge base which would need to be integrated to make it more contextual for your business.
Creating personalized shopping cart journeys based on location, weather, and products in commerce
With the recent news on Salesforce commerce products integrated with Einstein GPT, shopping cart experiences for your customers can be made more dynamic, and contextual based on the location and product information. So here are some possibilities
- Instead of making content for different variations of your products based on countries due to attributes and changes, Einstein GPT can serve product content automatically based on the location, search, and preference of the customer intelligently saving a lot of time on managing product content
- Integrating chatbots with Salesforce Einstein GPT can make your customer shopping cart experience more user-friendly with more personalized answers and collecting customer information which can be very helpful for designing future customer journeys.
Caveat: To really make the personalized experience for Salesforce Einstein Gpt, your product life cycle management tools(PLM), and customer MDM should be integrated with your CRM and access provided to Salesforce Einstein GPT.
Reducing defects and saving time for developers
As a developer myself, it is scary to see how the LLMs are targetted our jobs given the disruption we had created in other industries. It is time for developers to think beyond conventional programming and embed themselves as the integrator of tools for businesses and start thinking of ways to add value with content, and knowledge than just wait for requirements. Here are some possibilities for saving time with development.
- Automatically create test classes with test data for your apex code saving a lot of time building test classes.
- Making testing more automated, and dynamic with code change and preventing production bugs with Einstein GPT scanning your apex code and flows
Caveat: This possibility is possible only if your Continous deployment tools, code repositories, and salesforce environments are integrated with Salesforce Einstein GPT.
To summarize for a manufacturer who is looking to leverage Salesforce Einstein GPT, here is 3 quick takeaways.
- Given the product is evolving, before you decide to implement it in a use case or department, consider the level of accuracy and start with use cases where there is tolerance for low-accuracy use cases.
- Once the use case and departments are identified, have an integration strategy that will expose all data necessary for Einstein GTP to access to make the right recommendations.
- Have a human loop to review Einstein GPT recommendations and a feedback loop to make the tool more contextual for your business.
Feel free to post your thoughts or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions.
Reduce developer time with test class creation.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get tips to maximize salesforce to your email inbox.
I am honored to have your subscription. Stay tuned for tips to maximize your salesforce investment
Something went wrong.